Posted on 11-23-2017
Many of Us are Zinc Deficient because:
1) Soils of the food they eat are trace mineral deficient - not enough enough zinc.
2) Zinc is removed from foods when refined
3) Zinc oxide (inorganic zinc) in sunscreen displaces organically bound zinc from our body
4) Iron and copper intake displaces zinc. Cast Iron skillets, Copper water pipes, Copper IUD, BCP's....
5) Improperly prepared grains. Not sprouting all grains allows the phytic acid to bind to zinc & other trace minerals and render them non-assimilable.
6) Heavy metals displace zinc.
By using the Zinc Taste Test you can get a relative good idea of your zinc level. see Zinc Taste Test
If zinc levels don't raise within a month, there's heavy metal detox work that needs to be done. In my particular case I had several heavy metals and because zinc actually helps in the removal of these HMs, I was consistently low in zinc until the HMs were fully detoxed by the liver and removed from my body.
See: 10 day cleanse, Liver Detox 3 Phases, Heavy Metals, Heavy Metal Chelation, 11 Reasons you need Zinc, Migraines Minerals and Heavy Metals, Mercury